For the last 5 months, I have been prepared to return to Costa Rica to be a missionary. Today is the day. This journey has not been easy. There have been times of struggle, times of heartache and confusion. But every moment has been filled with Gods Glory, His Grace, His Presence, and His never ending Faithfulness.
It's interesting for me to think about how some people view my soon to be new home. Alajuelita is a place Ticos either have never heard of or want nothing to do with it. It's not a quiet little town, with cute little houses, and great school systems. It's a place filled with darkness, crime, sin, and need. I can understand how some people would see it for only the negative. Nothing should really be that appealing about it. But I see it as an amazing place. Beautiful, filled with very loving people, adorable children, great churches, Gods mercy. It's so crazy how I love this poverity filled place that so many people do not ever want to visit or even knows exist.
I am completely overjoyed by God's calling and His desire for me to be passionate about this suburb outside of San Jose. I am so thankful God has provided me this desire and yearning to fill this town with praises for Him. This journey is not going to be easy. It is going to be absolutely amazing though.
I was recently reminded during a very selfish conversation I was having with the Lord, how faithful God truly is. I have been so blessed by the people God has FLOODED me with. Not that He provides me with a great support system and people to love on me, but He has overflowed me with friends and family that mean so much to me. As I am sure you can understand being given these amazing gifts, it can be hard lending them back to God. Saying goodbye to my friends and family have been more difficult and more heartbreaking than possibly anything else I've had to go through during the planning of my return. It is hard to give God your most precious possessions. My relationships are the things I hold dearest to my heart. My relationship with God. My relationship with my family. My relationship with friends. These are the most important things in my life. So giving these treasures up are difficult to say the least. But, God is faithful. He reminded me that these gifts are from Him, and that he has ALWAYS provided me with the people I have needed in my life. Every season has been filled with a great group of friends, mentors, role models, and people to keep me accountable. This time it isn't different. God has already provided me with an amazing Costa Rican family and I can not wait to greet them tomorrow!
Our God is an amazing God who constantly takes care of us. He has provided for all of my needs in ways I never could have imagined. He is the greatest and most powerful, the highest of highs, the most loving and caring presence ever. He is taking care of me even when I don't realize I am in need. I am blessed. I am His beloved.
Heavenly Father, I want to thank You for all of Your provision in my life. Thank you Lord for the purpose you have called me to. Thank you for providing for my every need. Thank you for an amazing support system and friends and family who have surrounded me during all of the struggles and all of the amazing blessings. Thank you Lord for everything. I can never express how much I love you and how blessed I am to have Your favor. Lord please watch over me and all of my loved ones. Please give my family and friends peace. I ask that you continue to guide me in my journey and show me exactly what I can do for Your glory. Please God, continue to break my heart for what breaks Yours. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment