I am happy to announce that last Sunday I booked my flight for Costa Rica!! I am so excited! I leave Aug. 31 at 6 am, arrive there at 3:40 pm and will be leaving Oct. 13th!! I am so happy and so blessed that God has made this happen! I literally jumped up and down! Then 2 minutes later reality sunk in. I am leaving for a 6 week long adventure in 2 months and I have nothing else prepared.
So after spending about 2 hours at Academy with my dear friend Kelsey Schulz, I returned with some awesome clothing and shoes for my trip. I have a backpack, camelback, pocket knife, passport, and flip flops ready to go! I just need to find some skirts, bedding, rain jackets, possibly some rain boots, bug spray, and I'm sure a million other things I haven't even thought of yet! I'm sure everything will come together nicely though.
As far as fundraising goes, I am extremely pleased and VERY GRATEFUL for all of my supporters and how amazing my friends and family are. So far I have raised about $1800. I also have a pancake breakfast fundraiser scheduled for July 23rd! So far it looks like there will be a great turn out! God is so faithful! I don't know why i even worry about some of these things.
In all honesty the other day it hit me that I had been really focused on all the worldly things I was trying to prepare for. That just isn't going to work. I really need to be focused on letting God continue to prepare me for this journey. I'm going to dive into His word more. After praying about what to study, I found this list of "Healing Scripture" verses that was from high school small groups. I've decided to study all of them and hope to memorize several. Also the lifegroups pastor at the Edmond campus gave me this amazing book, "When Healing Hurts" that I just haven't finished yet. Hopefully after this reading and continuing to pray and seek God, I hope I am as prepared as God needs me to be. I am so excited to see how much God works through me and how much I will grow during this journey.
I am so thankful, Lord. Thank you for all of your blessings and all of the good you bring to my life. Thank you for this adventure and the memories I will treasure always. Thank you for pushing me out of my comfort zone and really guiding me to follow your will. Thank you for giving me a family who truly supports me and has faith you will keep me safe. I pray You use me for Your glory and You break my heart for what breaks Yours.
No comments:
Post a Comment